Everyone deserves a treat – even you keto people! This is yummy fudge. I love the salt flakes with the vanilla sweetness and touch of honey. It calls for two tablespoons of regular Honey Monster honey. It also includes vanilla beans, but if you don’t want to buy any you can also use vanilla extract. I keep vanilla beans in my freezer, but I can’t resist using both!
I found it on the Baker by Nature website here.
20 mins prep and 10 mins cook time
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 3/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt, divided
• 1 vanilla bean, scraped
• 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan combine the sugars, honey, cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and vanilla bean. Place pan over medium heat and whisk until sugars are dissolved. Place a candy thermometer in the pan, and cook the mixture – stirring occasionally – until the temperature registers at 240 degrees (F). Remove pan from heat. Add the butter, stir until completely melted, then leave the mixture to stand – with the thermometer still in – until it’s cooled to 120 degrees (F). It will form a skin on top if you don’t stir it occasionally.
2. Pour the fudge into a parchment paper lined baking pan (I used an 8×8 square cake pan), sprinkle with remaining sea salt, and let set for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator. Cut into tiny squares and serve, or store in an airtight container. Fudge will last up to 7 days.